Jurica Babic is a Research and Teaching Associate
at the Telecommunication Department of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb. He is a Ph.D. student at the same institution and a member of the “Social Networking and Computing Laboratory (socialLAB)” and the “Laboratory for Assistive Technologies and Alternative and Augmentative Communication (ICT-AAC)”.
His teaching and research activities are in a field of energy informatics, which aims to foster Information System (IS) skills and IS thinking to create sustainable systems of the future. His current research is focused on design of sustainable parking lots with electric vehicles. He also investigates how the transformative power of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) can be used in Augmentative and Alternative Communication, which is an exciting research area that aims to improve e-Inclusion of people with complex communication needs. He is a Teaching Assistant on M.Sc. courses Telecommunication Software Development, Project Management and Mobile Software Agents, as well as B.Sc. courses Object Oriented Programming, Informatics and Programming, Management in Engineering and Informatics. He represents the University of Zagreb in the international project Power TAC, aimed at development of an electricity trading simulation platform. He also participates in the SUZA programme (“from school to science and academia”) by conducting workshops on programming.
He is a member of IEEE and INFORMS associations.
- M.Sc. (2012, Information and communication technology, University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- B.Sc. (2010, Computing, University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- energy informatics
- software agents
- electric vehicles
- complex systems
- augmentative and alternative communication
- Best Student Paper Award (2015), an award for the paper “Prototype-driven Software Development Process for Augmentative and Alternative Communication Applications”. Awarded by general and program chairs of the 13th International Conference on Telecommunications (ConTEL 2015)
- Ivan Filipovic award (2015), an award for scientific and professional work within the ICT-AAC project team. Awarded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports, Croatia.
- Silver Medal for Innovation “ICT applications for people with complex communication needs” (2014). Awarded by the Jury of the 12th International Innovation Exhibition ARCA 2014
- Erasmus Energy Science Award (2013). Awarded by the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Most Innovative ICT Student Project Award, (2013). Awarded by general and program chairs of the 12th International Conference on Telecommunications (ConTEL 2013)
- University of Zagreb Rector’s Award (2012). Awarded by the University of Zagreb
- Best New Case in Using the Existing Application (2011), an award for contributing in the “Application for Doctor’s Rounding” project during the 11th Ericsson Nikola Tesla Summer Camp. Awarded by the Ericsson Nikola Tesla