Iva Bojic is a Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellow
at SENSEable City Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston and a Research Associate and a Senior Assistant
at the Telecommunication Department of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb. She also works as an external consultant for LinkedIn.
Her research interests include big data analysis, complex systems, self-organization, synchronization, social networks, STEM outreach activities, multi-agent systems and energy-awareness. She co-authored more than 40 scientific and professional papers as book chapters and articles in journals and conference proceedings. She was an external Research Associate for the project “Machine-to-Machine Communication” supported by the Ericsson Nikola Tesla R&D Centre in Zagreb and participated in a national research project funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports. She has also been involved in two “Cooperation in Science and Technology” (COST) action, funded by the European Science Foundation.
Currently, she serves as a Chair of the Organizational committee of SUZA at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb and a Chair of IEEE Educational Activities for Croatia Section. She has also served as a Programme Committee (co)chair, a Programme Committee member and a reviewer for international conferences and journals.
- Ph.D. (2013, Computer Science, University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- M.Sc. (2011, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Zagreb Faculty of Science)
- M.Eng. (2009, Computer Science, University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- big data analysis
- complex systems
- social networks
- STEM outreach activities
- multi-agent systems
- Winner of “LinkedIn Economic Graph Challenge” (2015). Awarded by LinkedIn
- Finalist of “MIT Enabling Society Tech Competition” (2015). Awarded by MIT
- Fulbright Scholarship for post-doctoral research at MIT (2014). Awarded by United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Annual Croatian National Award for extraordinary involvement in STEM outreach activities (2014). Awarded by Croatian government
- Annual AMAC-UK award for young scientists and researchers supporting their research conducted in UK (2014). Awarded from Almae Matris Alumni Croaticae
- Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship for strength of academic performance, leadership experience and demonstrated passion for computer science (2012). Awarded by Google
- Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship in recognition of exemplary involvement in IEEE student chapter activities and excellent academic achievement (2012). Awarded by IEEE