Goran Jelen is working in ICT for Industry and Society department of the Ericsson Nikola Tesla company where he develops solutions for eHealth and Machine-To-Machine (M2M) systems. He is also a PhD student at the Department of Telecommunications, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb.
His teaching and research activities are in ICT-empowerment of healthcare services and solutions like eHealth, mHealth and Telemedicine, based on Networked Society as a new concept of social networking. He received his B.Sc. degree in Computing at the Department of Telecommunications, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing in 2012, as well as M.Sc. degree in 2014. The same year he enrolled in the postgraduate study (PhD) at Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing.
He collaborated on Ericsson Nikola Tesla CareWell project, based on mobile technologies and concept of human-agent teamwork and aimed at developing eHealth solution for older people as patients and visiting nurses as medical professionals which uses. Currently he is a member of M2M Data Management team at Ericsson Nikola Tesla.
- M.Sc. (2014, Information and Communication Technology, University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- B.Sc. (2012, Computing, University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- Social Networking
- Networked Society
- ICT-empowerment of healthcare
- Human-Agent Teamwork
- Human-Agent Collectives (HAC)
- Software Engineering
- Big Data and Concurrent Engineering
- Ericsson Nikola Tesla Award is a award which is devoted to prominent and talented students who are engaged in communication and information technologies. Best research papers are awarded by Ericsson Nikola Tesla:
- 2012: 1st place – Brands – Analysis of brand social media marketing
- 2013: 3th place – New ISN Proof-of-Concept application
- Case Study Competition is the biggest student competition in Croatia, with a goal of connecting the best Croatian companies with best students. Students are given business problems to solve and the best are awarded:
- 2011: 3th place – “TechnoMax – Marketing Strategy”
- 2012: 2nd place – “Zagrebacka pivovara – Ozujsko Digital Platform”
- 2013: 3th place – “Karlovacka pivovara – How to be different from others”
- App Start Contest is a student educational competition at University of Zagreb. Student teams develop new applications for mobile phones and web. Best applications are awarded:
- 2012: 5th place – iOS application “mLeader”