Darko Striga is a Research and Teaching Associate
at the Telecommunication Department of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb. He is a Ph.D. student at the same institution and a member of the “Social Networking and Computing Laboratory (socialLAB)”.
His teaching and research activities are in a field of social network analysis and social computing, which is at the intersection of technical (computer science, information and communication technologies, information systems) and social (economics, psychology, sociology) sciences. He is a Teaching Assistant on the M.Sc. course Social Networks and on the M.Sc. and B.Sc. course App Start Contest.
He has been a researcher in several research projects in collaboration with industry and currently serves as a researcher on a research project with the Ericsson Nikola Tesla R&D Centre in Zagreb.
He is a member of IEEE association.
- M.Sc. (2012, Business Economics – Business Planning and Analysis, University of Zagreb Faculty of Economics and Business Zagreb)
- M.Sc. (2011, Information and Communication Technology, University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- B.Sc. (2009, Computing, University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing)
- social network analysis
- social computing
- big data
- recommender systems
- context-aware services
- digital marketing
- software engineering
- Diploma with honors (Magna Cum Laude) for being among top 5% students of the graduation class (2011). Awarded by University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
- Josip Loncar Award, Dean’s Award for the outstanding performance and achievement for academic year 2006/2007 (top 1% of all students) (2007). Awarded by the University of Zagreb Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
- Case Study Competition Awards. Case Study Competition (CSC) is the biggest student competition in Croatia, with a goal of connecting the best Croatian companies with best students. Students are given business problems to solve and the best are awarded:
- Case Study Competition 2013: Karlovacka pivovara (part of the Heineken company) – ” Innovative Digital Marketing Strategy for Karlovacko Radler” (3rd Prize)
- Case Study Competition 2012: Zagrebacka pivovara – “Ozujsko Digital Platform” (2nd place)
- Case Study Competition 2011: TechnoMax – “Marketing Strategy” (3rd place)